Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
bikemaker (plural bikemakers)
- A person or company which manufactures bicycles or motorbikes.
1979 April, Charles Leerhsen, “High technology at the track”, Popular Mechanics:
- Indeed, it was a Watertown, Mass., bikemaker named Sterling Elliot who turned out the first sulkies with small, steel-spoked wheels and pneumatic tires in 1892.
2001 September 11, “Huffy drops bid for Schwinn”, Dayton Business Journal:
- Huffy Corp. this afternoon withdrew its offer in federal bankruptcy for rival bikemaker Schwinn/GT.
2005 March 21, Joseph Weber, “He Really Got Harley Roaring”, BusinessWeek:
- He will be remembered for having co-authored one of the great American comeback stories: vaulting the 102-year-old Milwaukee bikemaker [Harley-Davidson Inc.] from the financial junkyard -- a near-bankruptcy experience -- to roaring success.
2009 September 10, Alex Williams, “Whose Bike Are You Wearing?”, New York Times:
- And in June, Hublot, the luxury watchmaker, partnered with BMC, the Swiss bikemaker, to create a sleek black 11-speed, for about $20,000.