Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (nonstandard) has been
- 1917, Julian Street, American Adventures:
- Sam cow binna browse down deh Sam's cow was browsing down there tuh Bull Head Crick.
- 1909, Herbert Strang, Humphrey Bold:
- The man's language grew more and more violent as the minutes passed and still I did not reappear, until, having consumed as much time as I thought becoming, I went to the doorway, and said, in the manner of stating a simple fact of no importance, "Key binna hangin' on nail, measter.
- 1900, George MacDonald, Alec Forbes of Howglen:
- "De'il kens," answered Gapey; "gin it binna i' the boddom o' Rob Bruce's wame."
- 1816, Sir Walter Scott, The Antiquary, Volume 1:
- I am sure, had I been to undergo ony thing of that nature,--that's to say that's beyond nature--I would hae skreigh'd out at once, and raised the house, be the consequence what liket--and, I dare say, the minister wad hae done as mickle, and sae I hae tauld him,--I ken naebody but my brother, Monkbarns himsell, wad gae through the like o't, if, indeed, it binna you, Mr. Lovel."
- binnen m
- (Loli) door
- Lobu Ori, S,Pd, M.Pd (2010), “binna”, in Kamus Bahasa Lolina [Dictionary of the Loli Language] (in Indonesian), Waikabubak: Kepala Dinas Kebudayaan dan Pariwisata, Kabupaten Sumba Barat