Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (slang) The drink Guinness.
- 2004, Brian Walters, Fallen: My Travels in Ireland and Eastern Europe, page 72:
- Chuckling, we admitted that we would probably partake in a few pints of the black stuff that evening.
- 2009, Henry McDonald, The Observer, 14 Jun 2009:
- Regular patrons are convinced that the pub is haunted by the restless spirit of Grace Neill herself, the former owner of the inn who died in 1916 at the age of 98. But don't let that stop your enjoying a perfect pint of the black stuff (from £2.80) and a slap-up lunch.