Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: black spot
blackspot (plural blackspots)
- A dangerous place or area.
- A location with poor radio signal reception, e.g. for mobile phones.
- 2020 August 12, “Network News: Funding counters signal blackspots”, in Rail, page 14:
- Secretary of State for Transport Grant Shapps has announced £200,000 funding towards research into developing a mobile telephone antenna prototype for rail gantries. If successful, the antenna could be installed on overhead line equipment gantries and help eliminate signal blackspots across the rail network.
- (phytopathology) Any of several diseases that produce black spots on leaves or the skin.