Jump to navigation Jump to search
bluebell (plural bluebells)
- Various flowering plants with blue, usually pendulous, flowers.
- In genus Hyacinthoides
- In other genera
- genus Muscari, the grape hyacinth)
- (usually in the plural) Virginia bluebell (Mertensia virginica)
- Scottish bluebell (harebell) (Campanula rotundifolia)
- 1947 January and February, O. S. Nock, “"The Aberdonian" in Wartime”, in Railway Magazine, page 9:
- The cutting sides were gay with heather in bloom, and masses of dainty Scots bluebells, while patches of clear sky overhead were bringing life and colour to the sea.
- Australian royal bluebell (Wahlenbergia gloriosa)
- Texas bluebell (Eustoma russellianum)
- desert bluebell or California bluebell (Phacelia campanularia)
flowering plants of the genus Hyacinthoides