Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Singapore, colloquial, informal) Boring.
- 2013, Airstrike, “13 school websites defaced by hacker who signed off as 'Jack Riderr'”, in Stomp (Singapore), retrieved 2016-04-01:
- Can’t they do something more meaningful? Doing such things is called ‘bo liao‘ (nothing better to do).
- 2015, Derek Lim, “Random thoughts: Too iron teeth in my work?”, in thefinance.sg, retrieved 2016-04-01:
- Having to manage that part is rather ‘bo liao’ and I felt my limited energy can be better served somewhere.
Carries a negative connotation with allusion to the cause of nosy or meddlesome behaviour. Most common in speech and electronic media.