Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (rare) Person who vandalizes books by ripping their pages out and stealing them.
- 1959 January 25, Elizabeth Lawrence, Bill Neal, editor, Through the Garden Gate, →ISBN, page 5:
- I bought the text of the volume on bulbs for a dollar. It had been priced at a hundred dollars before some book-ghoul tore out the fifty-eight plates to use as decorations for lamp shades and scrap baskets.
- 1973 August, Julia Fields, “The Plot To Bring Back Dunking”, in Black World, volume 22, number 10, page 70:
- And the front doors were locked. Locked for what? Burglary? Ol' book-ghoul come to retrieve his pictures from E-boney?