- Accounting work; book keeping.
2009 March 27, Kelvin Healey, “Poker pro Tony Hachem slams ATO tax raid”, in Herald Sun:
- The tax officials seized documents that Tony Hachem said related to a company for which he'd done unpaid bookwork about five years ago.
- The art and science of formatting books.
1976, Jack Belzer, Albert G. Holzman, Allen Kent, Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology: Volume 5:
- The development of a typesetting program suite for general bookwork calls for very close cooperation between typographer and programmer.
- Work done with the aid of textbooks
2008, Joseph Baldwin, School Management and School Methods:
- The diagram indicates in some degree the relative amount of oral work as compared with bookwork in our best schools.
- (chiefly University of Cambridge) The act of memorising information; used attributively to describe or denote questions that test information learned rather than requiring additional thought
1852, Charles Astor Bristed, Five years in an English university:
- The proportion of problems to bookwork done by the candidates is very various. The latter shows more reading, the former evince more natural Mathematical ability.