Jump to navigation Jump to search
branzino (plural branzini)
- (cooking) The European seabass, Dicentrarchus labrax
- 2007 January 10, “Recipe: Oven-Roasted Branzino With Hazelnut Picada”, in New York Times:
- Olive oil 2 slices hearty white bread (about 2 ounces) 20 hazelnuts, shelled, roasted, peeled and chopped 1 clove garlic, minced 1 teaspoon chopped mint leaves 1 teaspoon orange zest 4 whole branzino, scaled and cleaned Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 lemon, cut into 8¼-inch slices.
- 2007 February 18, Monica Corcoran, “Strike Up the Turntable”, in New York Times:
- At that very moment on this recent Friday night, though, it was a roasted branzino with glassy eyes that was ogling her.
branzino m (plural branzini)
- → English: branzino
- branzino in Treccani.it – Vocabolario Treccani on line, Istituto dell'Enciclopedia Italiana