Jump to navigation Jump to search
brunion (plural brunions)
- A hybrid of a plum and a peach.
- 1724, Philip Miller, The Gardeners and Florists Dictionary, page 22:
- But no sort of Brunions are in so much Esteem as their Peaches, because they do not quit their Stones.
- 1855, Marie-Catherine Aulnoy, Fairy Tales, page 453:
- The eldest Fairy put her finger into her mouth and whistled three times, then cried, 'Apricots, peaches, nectarines, brunions, cherries, […]
- A nectarine
nectarine — see nectarine