Jump to navigation Jump to search
The conjunction comes from the imperative buď, which formed from budu (“I will be”), from Proto-Slavic *bǫdǫ (“I will become, I will be”), which was a future tense of *byti (“to be”).
- Used in the pair buď-nebo ("either-or").
- Never used in questions, for example:
- Pojedu buď vlakem nebo autobusem. ― I'll go either by train or by bus.
- Pojedu vlakem nebo autobusem. ― I'll go by train or by bus.
- Pojedou vlakem nebo autobusem? ― Will they go by train or by bus?