budset (plural budsets)
- The development of buds on a plant.
- The time in a plant's lifecycle when visible buds first appear.
2009 March 14, Gord Stimmell, “Great value this week reflects industry's best”, in Toronto Star:
- Proper bud pruning, green harvests where whole clusters are dumped on the ground to bolster final berry concentration, as well as a myriad of intensive practices between budset and harvest.
- A bud, immature shoot, or growth tip on a cultivated plant.
1985, Interior Landscape Industry - Volume 2, Issues 7-12, page 75:
- And growers using AQUA-GRO report greater budsets and faster crops with better rooting.
- A variety of tea made from the budsets of the tea plant.