Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Frequently hyphenated or written with spaces between the syllables; also frequently enhanced by adding one or more additional instances of ha to the end, or by adding additional instances of the letter a in any syllable.
- (onomatopoeia, slang) Literary device used to express a fit of overwhelming or uncontrollable laughter; the stereotypical evil laugh.
- 2002, Dave Whitehead, The Tennis Junkie's Guide (to Serious Humor), page 41:
- Bwahaha, they guffaw as they crush overheads into the corners with the same disdain they display when the clown ahead of them at the airport car-rental counter rents a Hyundai.
- 2005, Ron Fortier, Brother Grim, page 142:
- “Bwa-ha-ha-ha,” came the unholy mirth from the cold white mask.