Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
- People hyphenated the word "typewriter" more often in the past.
- Written with a hyphen.
- Some dictionaries list hyphenated words as though they contained no punctuation.
- Of a person, considered to have more than one nationality or ethnicity (such as French-Canadian, Afro-Argentine, etc.).
- 2005 October 28, Edwin A. Sumcad, “Hyphenated Americans Must Look At Their Mirror -- The Community Newspaper -- To Do What Is Right”, in American Chronicle[]:
- [The Community Newspaper] is one of the many symbolic emblems that stand for the other half of the hyphenated American’s identity.
written with a hyphen