Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA(key): /ˌnæ.ʃəˈnæl.ɪ.ti/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: na‧tion‧al‧i‧ty, Hyphenation: na‧tion‧al‧ity
nationality (plural nationalities)
- Membership of a particular nation or state, by origin, birth, naturalization, ownership, allegiance or otherwise.
- National, i.e. ethnic and/or cultural, character or identity.
- A people sharing a common origin, culture and/or language, and possibly constituting a nation-state.
- Political existence, independence or unity as a national entity.
- (archaic) Nationalism or patriotism.
- (membership of a nation or state): affiliation, allegiance, ancestry, citizenship, descent, enfranchisement, ethnicity, national status, naturalization, origin, parentage, race, residence, status
- (national character or identity): ancestry, color, colour, ethnicity, identity, origin
- (a people): clan, confederation, cultural group, culture, denomination, ethnic group, ethnicity, faith, group, nation, people, persuasion, race, sect, tribe
- (political existence as a national entity): autarchy, autonomy, freedom, independence, liberty, nationhood, self-determination, self-government, self-rule, separation, sovereignty
- (nationalism): nationalism, patriotic sentiment, patriotism,
- nation, national, nationalise, nationalism, nationalist, nationalistic, nationalize
membership of a nation or state
national character or identity
people belonging to a nation or state
political existence as a national entity
nationalism — see nationalism
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked: "citizenship"