caffeine + -ate.
caffeinate (third-person singular simple present caffeinates, present participle caffeinating, simple past and past participle caffeinated)
- (transitive) To add caffeine to.
- (intransitive, slang) To drink caffeinated beverages in order to increase one's energy or wakefulness or to enhance physical or mental performance.
- 2008, Caffeinate With Care: Small Shots Do a Brain Better Than Big Blasts, Mathew Honan, Wired, 04.21.08
- (transitive, slang) To inject tension into (a situation, etc.) for one's own amusement; to stir things up.
- (transitive, slang) To provoke (a person) for one's own amusement.