carburettor (plural carburettors)
- (automotive, Australia, New Zealand, Britain) Alternative spelling of
2005, Mick Walker, How to Restore Your BMW Twin 1955-1985, page 92:
- Both affect the performance of the machine, especially the carburettors, and both are important to the final appearance of the model.
- 2008, Daniel Stapleton, David Vizard, John Sprinzel, The MG Midget & Austin Healey Sprite High Performance Manual, page 36,
- In a carburettor the pressure drop (or viewed another way, suction) is used to draw fuel out of a reservoir, usually via a jet, and into the venturi to mix with the air flowing through it.
2011, Allan Bonnick, A Practical Approach to Motor Vehicle Engineering and Maintenance, page 81:
- For a large part of the twentieth century the majority of light vehicles used petrol engines that were equipped with a carburettor.
motor car part — see carburetor