- A skin injury caused by friction with a carpet or similar surface.
- 1996 Kim R.Oates - The Spectrum of Child Abuse: assessment, treatment, and prevention (page 51) 
- More unusual marks occur when a child is pushed against a patterned object, such as the imprint of a carpet or a carpet burn where the child's body skids along the carpet.
- 2007 Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good(verse 3)
- Sweet reunion, jamaica and spain
- We're like how we were again
- I'm in the tub youre on the seat
- Lick your lips as I soak my feet
- Then you notice lickle carpet burn
- My stomach drops and my guts churn
- You shrug and it's the worst
- To truly stuck the knife in first
- 1996 Kim R.Oates - The Spectrum of Child Abuse: assessment, treatment, and prevention (page 51)