Jump to navigation Jump to search
cedrous (not comparable)
- Of, or relating to, trees in the genus Cedrus of the plant family Pinaceae.
- 1890, Sophia Lydia Walters, Lostara: A Poem:
- Of cedrous trees and sapphire blocks built high, whereon are graved, by deft and loving hands, true likenesses of all who therein keep their standards; it is full of winding ways.
- 1947, Country Life, Volume 101
- The cedars of shingles and the familiar wooden houses is yet another non-cedrous species, Thuya plicala — much nearer to a cypress than a cedar and quite different from the Thuya of antique veneers.
- 1957, Haymarket Publishing, Gardeners' Chronicle, Horticultural Trade Journal, Volume 142
- Visitors to the famous arboretum at Westonbirt, Gloucestershire, may care to be reminded that there is an attractive middle-aged group of this non-cedrous cedar there.