Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
- 2012 March-April, Sapp, Jan, “Race Finished”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, United States: Sigma Xi, ISSN 0003-0996, OCLC 645082957, page 164:
- Few concepts are as emotionally charged as that of race. The word conjures up a mixture of associations—culture, ethnicity, genetics, subjugation, exclusion and persecution. But is the tragic history of efforts to define groups of people by race really a matter of the misuse of science, the abuse of a valid biological concept?
- Arousing strong emotion.
- Showing or having strong emotion.
- Having electricity.
- (arousing strong emotion): heated