Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /sɜːˈkjuːɪtəs/
- (US) IPA(key): /sɚˈkjuːətəs/, /sɚˈkjuːɪtəs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Not direct or to the point.
- Of a long and winding route.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 8, in The Celebrity:
- I corralled the judge, and we started off across the fields, in no very mild state of fear of that gentleman's wife, whose vigilance was seldom relaxed. And thus we came by a circuitous route to Mohair, the judge occupied by his own guilty thoughts, and I by others not less disturbing.
not direct or to the point
of a long and winding route
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.