- To make classic.
- 2002, R. Anderson Sutton, Calling Back the Spirit: Music, Dance, and Cultural Politics in Lowland South Sulawesi, Oxford University Press, Inc., →ISBN, page 83:
- Another approach is exemplified by the performance group known as Mahligai […] which drew on traditional forms in an attempt to classicize them.
- To conform to the classic style.
- 1974 January 20, Paul Goldberger, “Mies Art Pavilion Opens In Houston”, in Eugene Register-Guard:
- Mies' style, for all of its obvious modernity, is essentially rather classicizing […]