Jump to navigation Jump to search
claustrophile (plural claustrophiles)
- A person who has the condition of claustrophilia, a love of closed-in spaces.
- 2000, Nicola Cuti, Spin a Web of Death:
- Since I am a claustrophile, I actually feel more secure in small cluttered spaces, I preferred to guide both ships from the Windsinger.
- 2002, Xiaobin Yang, The Chinese Postmodern:
- The question is disputable to what extent Xu Ruhua, the claustrophile who finally confines herself in a cagelike room, can be identified with Can Xue the author.
- 2003, James Zug, Squash:
- Many of the racquetball courts were new—because the game was new—and had attractive glass back walls in the middle of a health club, not dingy courts in the basement of a club that only a claustrophile would enjoy.