Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- present participle of
cloaking (plural cloakings)
- The act of wrapping or covering with a cloak.
- to take heed of their dissemblings and cloakings
- Sir Walter Scott, Guy Mannering – or The Astrologer
- I assure you, if I were Hazlewood I should look on his compliments, his bowings, his cloakings, his shawlings, and his handings with some little suspicion; and truly I think Hazlewood does so too at some odd times.
- The material from which cloaks are made.