Jump to navigation Jump to search
comitadji (plural comitadjis)
- A member of a unit of irregular soldiers or resistance fighters; a partisan.
- 1942, Rebecca West, Black Lamb and Grey Falcon, Canongate, published 2006, page 808:
- For a summer he worked as a comitadji in Macedonia, and later joined the Serbian Army during the Balkan wars.
- 2012, Christopher Clark, The Sleepwalkers, Penguin, published 2013, page 61:
- He was a former comitadji who had been involved in fomenting unrest in Bosnia after the annexation of 1908 and was even rumoured to have commanded guerrilla bands.