Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkɔn.dɪ.sɛnd.ɪŋ/, /ˈkɔnˌdi.sɛnd.ɪŋ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌkɑndəˈsɛndɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛndɪŋ
- Assuming a tone of superiority, or a patronizing attitude.
- Quit talking to me in that condescending tone! You always treat me like a child!
- 2022 January 12, Nigel Harris, “Comment: Unhappy start to 2022”, in RAIL, number 948, page 3:
- As for the IRP, Secretary of State Grant Shapps continues to peddle snake oil, smoke and mirrors. His reaction to near-universal IRP condemnation from politicians, local and national media, and all but a few rail specialists was to dismiss the lot of us (in the condescending and patronising tone we have now come to expect) as "critics and naysayers".
- (assuming a tone of superiority): patronizing
assuming a tone of superiority or a patronizing attitude