Jump to navigation Jump to search
confidante (plural confidantes)
- A female confidant.
- 2019 May 5, Danette Chavez, “Campaigns are Waged On and Off the Game Of Thrones Battlefield (Newbies)”, in The A.V. Club, archived from the original on 28 January 2021:
- Dany’s descent into madness is coming, of that there’s no doubt, especially given that the episode ends with the execution of her confidante Missandei.
- A type of settee having a seat at each end at right angles to the main seats.
- 1982, TC Boyle, Water Music, Penguin, published 2006, page 20:
- Meanwhile, Sally peels herself from the stage's only prop – a green-velvet confidante – and staggers off into the wings.
- Nonstandard spelling of (male).
confidante (plural confidanti)