Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The state of being conventional
- (countable) Something conventional; a convention
- 1857, S. H. Hammond, Wild Northern Scenes:
- Whither shall we flee from civilization, to take off the harness and be free, for a season, from the restraints, the conventionalities of society, and rest from the hard struggles, the cares and toils, the strifes and competitions of life?
- 1894, John Muir, The Mountains of California:
- The Sugar Pine is as free from conventionalities of form and motion as any oak.