Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɒst
crost (plural crosts)
- Eye dialect spelling of cross.
- 1901, Stewart Edward White, The Claim Jumpers:
- Them claims marked with a crost belongs to th' Company.
- (archaic or poetic) simple past tense and past participle of
- 1591, Edmund Spenser, The Poetical Works of Edmund Spenser, Volume 5:
- […] I did espie Where towards me a sory wight did cost*, Clad all in black, that mourning did bewray, And Iacob staffe in hand devoutly crost, Like to some pilgrim come from farre away.