Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: curtain-twitcher
Audio (AU) (file)
- (Britain, slang) A nosy person who watches his or her neighbours, typically from a curtained window.
- 2002, Patrick Gale, Rough Music:
- ...but these self-invited guests made her feel like a curtain-twitcher of the worst kind and she resented them for it.
- 2004, Harold Love, English Clandestine Satire, 1660-1702:
- ...the reader is also accepting the role of curtain twitcher or peeping Tom.
- 2007, Sean Parker, Junkyard Dog:
- The curtain twitcher who saw the incident exclaimed in detail what had happened and it was pretty obvious that Burnett did not mean to kill him.