death warmed over
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A state of being extremely ill or injured.
- 2005, Colleen Heffernan, A Kind of Courage, →ISBN, page 75:
- The first time the medical officer looked at me, he said I was D, for death warmed over.
- 2007, Robert M. Sapolsky, A Primate's Memoir, →ISBN:
- I am the reign of terror, the ten plagues, I am a case of the clap, I am the thing that goes bump in the night, De Shadow, death warmed over.
- 2007, Sister Carol Anne O'Marie, Murder at the Monks' Table, →ISBN:
- She studied Mary Helen's face. “Oh, my!” she said. “You're the color of death warmed over.
- 2012, Franklin Trainer, Provoked, →ISBN, page 2:
- There are those who seek to live apart from HIM; but that end is the epitome of 'death warmed over'.
- 2013, Harry Turtledove, Cayos in the Stream, →ISBN:
- They give you the hair of the dog that bit you. It was one big, mean dog. The hair warms you up to death warmed over.
Usually used as part of the phrase like death warmed over.