Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: de-tailing
detailing (plural detailings)
- gerund of
- 2009 May 17, Paul Greenberg, “The Oceans’ Junkyards”, in New York Times:
- Less successful are the flotsam-y parts of the book — the arbitrary releases about Ebbesmeyer’s career struggles or the detailings of one too many garbage finds.
- Ornamentation on something that has been constructed.
- 1979, the Consumers Union, Funerals: consumers' last rights, →ISBN:
- Provided are matching satin ribbon detailings, topped with an embroidered floral bouquet in delicate contrasting shades.
- 1982, Railroad Model Craftsman - Volume 51, page 108:
- Terrific, new detailings including see-through full length walkway and platforms with special tank train end couplings
- 1999, Brian Butko & Kevin Joseph Patrick, Diners of Pennsylvania, →ISBN, page 36:
- In 1963, the Penrose owners traded up to a giant DeRaffele unsurpassed in exaggerated detailings, including a towering, steel A-frame entryway and crinkle-cut, folded-plate eaves.
- a dress with elaborate neck detailings