Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a dizzy manner.
- 1841, Edgar Allan Poe, "A Descent into the Maelström" 
- I looked dizzily, and beheld a wide expanse of ocean, whose waters wore so inky a hue as to bring at once to my mind the Nubian geographer's account of the Mare Tenebrarum.
- 1942, "Feeling the Crunch," Time, 2 March, 1942, 
- The Australians had seen it coming—Singapore's fall and the inevitable sequel, the Japanese air attack on the Australian mainland […] . But it had happened dizzily fast.
- 1977, Hansard, Scotland and Wales Bill, 15 February, 1977, 
- The Lord President can not avoid our pointing out that the Government's position has shifted dizzily from point to point during these debates.
- 1841, Edgar Allan Poe, "A Descent into the Maelström"