Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Doling
- Rhymes: -əʊlɪŋ
doling (plural dolings)
- The act of one who doles.
- 1831, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Romance and Reality, volume 2, page 246:
- Alas! we talk of their vanity; we forget that, in doling forth the careless commendation, or as careless sneer, we are bestowing but the passing thought of a moment to that which has been the work of an existence.
- 1869, Catholic World (volume 8, page 712)
- Their charities never have been limited to the necessities of mere subsistence, like the secular dolings out of so-called modern charity.