domification (plural domifications)
- (astrology) The division of the heavens into twelve astrological houses; or a particular system for such division.
- 1603, John Florio, transl.; Michel de Montaigne, Essayes, printed at London: Edward Blount, OCLC 946730821:, II.12:
- Physike is received as Geometry: and jugling tricks, enchantments, bonds, the commerce of deceased spirits, prognostications, domifications, yea even this ridiculous wit and wealth-consuming pursuite of the Philosophers stone, all is emploied and uttered without contradiction.
- 2003, Steven Vanden Broecke, The Limits of Influence, page 238:
- The introduction of alternative methods of domification was already exploited in Pico's Disputationes, which questioned both the natural philosophical basis of astrological houses and the contradictions on this matter in the astrological canon.
- 2010, Katherine Crawford, The Sexual Culture of the French Renaissance, Cambridge, p.99:
- The argument put forth by Copernicus that the Sun, not the Earth, was at the center of the heavens renewed concerns about domification.