Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The process or an instance of making something double; a multiplication by two. [from 14th c.]
- 1994, Schneider, David C., Quantitative Ecology: Spatial and Temporal Scaling, page 36:
- Similitude applies to proportional changes, such as doublings, halvings, or quarterings; it does not apply to additive changes.
- The act of turning around, or doubling back. [from 16th c.]
- A pleat or fold. [from 17th c.]
- (archaic) A trick; double-dealing.
- (a multiplication by two): See also Thesaurus:duplication
The process or an instance of making something double