Jump to navigation Jump to search
downslide (plural downslides)
- A slide downward; a worsening.
- 2003, Robert Wirsing, Kashmir in the shadow of war:
- Among the most immediate and conspicuous political casualties of the sudden downslide in India-Pakistan relations...
- 2009 March 15, Bruce Campion-Smith, “Bank of Canada foresees delay in recovery”, in Toronto Star:
- "Many of the downslide risks that we identified in our last monetary policy (report) are now materializing.
- 2009 March 22, Michael Winerip, “He Has Both Sides Covered”, in New York Times:
- By the time Mr. Hanke took over, the paper was on a downslide, known for slanting the news to support Republicans.