Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To a drastic degree.
- This recession has been drastically different.
- drastically reduced prices
- In a drastic manner.
- Lisa always wore shorts and a T-shirt, which clashed drastically with her brother's thick winter coat.
- 1920, America, volume 22, page 255:
- It explains why a Democratic Congress foisted Prohibition on the country and a Republican Congress drastically legislated to enforce it, when ordinarily the two parties are only too anxious for any political stick to beat each other with.
- 1928, The Atlantic Monthly, volume 141, page 558:
- Seldom have democratic principles been so drastically enacted into law.
- 1933, The China Critic, volume 6, page 428:
- A uniform marriage and divorce law must be drastically enacted by the Central Government and rigidly administrated by the higher courts.
to a drastic degree
in a drastic manner
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.