duke it out
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (informal) To fight, especially with the fists.
- A large crowd came to watch the boxers duke it out.
- (informal) To argue heavily or at length.
- The candidates duked it out on the proposal for hours.
- 2007 January 29, Michael Barbaro; Julie Creswell, “Levi’s Turns to Suing Its Rivals”, in The New York Times, ISSN 0362-4331:
- Like pharmaceutical companies that sue generic drug makers over their patents or technology companies that duke it out over who owns the right to microchip designs, Levi’s says it is trying to protect its most valuable asset, its trademarks.