Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Homophone: earwear
- Personal acoustical equipment, especially headsets.
- Throw in the hand-cut, all-terrain Goodyears and buying protective earware would be a wise purchase.
2007 June 5, “Hear tunes, sounds with earware”, in Idaho Statesman:
- If youre an avid cyclist you know riding with your headphones on can be dangerous […]
2008 May 16, “Style and Design Important for Bluetooth Headsets”, in PC Magazine:
- Curiously, Aliph calls this earware rather than a headset, hence the comparison to sunglasses.
2008 June 10, “Gear picks”, in Canada.com:
- Billed as 'earware' it's more jewelry than ho-hum headset and comes in black, silver and rose gold to accessorize with your every outfit.