Back-formation from edutainment. In use in 1985.
edutain (third-person singular simple present edutains, present participle edutaining, simple past and past participle edutained)
- (transitive) To educate in an entertaining manner.
- 2003, Jane De Gay, Lizbeth Goodman, Languages of Theatre Shaped by Women: Theory and Practice, page 89
- Voices whose work and whose expression of her work continues to inform and (in a phrase borrowed from Black performance poetry of the period) 'edutain'.
- 2005, Farrah Gray, Fran Harris. Reallionaire: Nine Steps to Becoming Rich from the Inside Out, page 163
- Let Me "Edutain You...
- 2008, Yale Daily News, Yale Daily News Staff, The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2008, 34th Edition, page 125
- Edutain Me / The "risk" of Deep Springs is largely up to the students' shaping.