Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Egyptologist
egyptologist (plural egyptologists)
- Alternative spelling of
1899 December 23, “Review 6”, in New York Times:
- The famous egyptologist, Prof. G. Maspero, is now having the third work of his Egyptian trilogy translated from the French by M. L. McClure
1988 May 9, “ASK THE GLOBE”, in Boston Globe:
- A. Rita Freed, an egyptologist at Memphis State University in Tennessee and the person who put the extra "es" in Ramesses for the Boston exhibition,
1995 November 5, “PHARONIC TOMB OPEN”, in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
- .. beautiful in the ancient burial ground of the Valley of the Queens and has been closed since its discovery by Italian egyptologist Ernesto Schiaparelli.
1998 January 3, “On this day”, in CNN International:
- In 1924, Howard Carter, British egyptologist, found the sarcophagus of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings near Luxor.
2003 June 11, “Nefertiti's mummy 'found in Egypt'”, in BBC News:
- The egyptologists believe that she is one of three mummies discovered in a secret chamber of a tomb in Egypt's Valley of the Kings in Luxor.
2005 September 3, “Tutankhamen murder mystery solved”, in ABC Online:
- According to Italian egyptologist Professor Sergio Donadoni the theories that have long surrounded Tutankhamen's death have always been produced by "picturesque legends without any scientific basis".
2006 June 28, “No mummy in Valley of the Kings tomb but mystery remains whole”, in Agence France Press:
- The first tomb discovered in Luxor's Valley of the Kings did not reveal its expected mummy, but egyptologists remained bent on cracking the mystery of "KV 63."
2007 August 2, “Stem cells on the ISS”, in Nature.com:
- Biomedical egyptologist Jacky Finch of the University of Manchester, UK, who is studying ancient Egyptian big toes, made of wood and leather
2009 March 26, “Gates of heaven”, in Al-Ahram Weekly:
- According to egyptologist Christiane Zivie-Coche writing in the exhibition catalogue, the aim of Les Portes du ciel is to provide visitors with ....
This word is generally capitalized.