Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality or state of being encyclopedic.
- 2000, Henri Béjoint, Modern Lexicography::
- The encyclopedicity of American dictionaries ranges from the inclusion of proper names (W3 being one of the exceptions) to encyclopedic-type definitions, through encyclopedic sections in some entries or special appendices.
- 2003, R. R. K. Hartmann, Lexicography:
- A strict dichotomy between dictionaries and encyclopedias is arguably untenable. For this reason, a cline of encyclopedicity can be proposed.