Jump to navigation Jump to search
- exciting and absorbing
- 1831, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Romance and Reality, volume 3, page 210-211:
- The Abbess had not miscalculated the effect of the yesterday's ceremony—she knew it was not binding, but its influence as a religious obligation was enthralling to a degree.
- 1908 June, L[ucy] M[aud] Montgomery, chapter XXX, in Anne of Green Gables, Boston, Mass.: L[ouis] C[oues] Page & Company, published August 1909 (11th printing), OCLC 270822977:
- Glittering castles in Spain were shaping themselves out of the mists and rainbows of her lively fancy; adventures wonderful and enthralling were happening to her in cloudland—adventures that always turned out triumphantly and never involved her in scrapes like those of actual life.
- 2011 October 29, Phil McNulty, “Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal”, in BBC Sport:
- Andre Santos equalised and the outstanding Theo Walcott put Arsenal ahead for the first time before Juan Mata's spectacular strike set up the finale for an enthralling encounter.