Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɛnˈθjuːz/, /ɪnˈθjuːz/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɛnˈθuz/, /ɪnˈθuz/
- Rhymes: -uːz
- (intransitive) to show enthusiasm
- a splendid performance, and I was enthusing over it— Julian Huxley
- (proscribed) to cause (someone) to feel enthusiasm or to be enthusiastic
- The novelty of the film enthused the audience.
- 2020 June 3, Sam Mullins OBE discusses with Stefanie Foster, “LTM: a new chapter begins at 40”, in Rail, page 54:
- One of the museum's greatest strengths is its focus on educating and enthusing children from an early age, and it's something that Mullins is especially proud of.
to feel enthusiasm
to cause (someone) to feel enthusiasm