Jump to navigation Jump to search
ethnolinguistic (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to ethnolinguistics.
- 1994, Joshua Fishman, “On the limits of ethnolinguistic democracy”, in Tove Skutnabb-Kangas and Robert Phillipson, editors, Linguistic Human Rights: Overcoming Linguistic Discrimination, Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, →ISBN, page 50:
- The principle of ethnolinguistic democracy does not require that all languages be declared equally important and equally privileged in all functions...
- (anthropology) Associated with a particular ethnicity and a particular variety of language.
- 1989, John Holm, Pidgins and Creoles, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, →ISBN:
- Baker (1972) identified four varieties of Mauritian creole associated with different ethnolinguistic groups.