Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Eucharis
From the genus name.
eucharis (plural eucharises)
- A type of plant of the genus Eucharis, found in Central and South America and with white flowers.
- 1922, Edited by James Weldon Johnson, The Book of American Negro Poetry:
- But sometimes they are gentle and soft like the dew on the lips of the eucharis Before the sun comes warm with his lover's kiss, You are sea-foam, pure with the star's loveliness, Not mortal, a flower, a fairy, too fair for the beauty-shorn earth, All wonderful things, all beautiful things, gave of their wealth to your birth: O I love you so much, not recking of passion, that I feel it is wrong, But men will love you, flower, fairy, non-mortal spirit burdened with flesh, Forever, life-long.
- 1884, John Wood, Hardy Perennials and Old Fashioned Flowers:
- As a cut bloom, the Christmas Rose vies with the eucharis and pancratium.
|Case / Gender||Masc./Fem.||Neuter||Masc./Fem.||Neuter|