Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- A disemboweling; the removal of viscera.
- The evisceration of the animal was accomplished with a single blow of the knife.
- (figurative, by extension) A vigorous verbal or physical assault.
- The critic delivered another evisceration of the latest movie.
- 2018 September 7, Tom English, “Scotland 0-4 Belgium”, in BBC Sport:
- If you were a Belgian, it was pretty and what you would have expected from your boys. If you were a Scot it was painful, an evisceration of McLeish's notion that his team were good enough to go "toe-to-toe" with the third best team in the world. Delusional.
A vigorous verbal assault