Jump to navigation Jump to search
extinguishing (plural extinguishings)
- The process by which something is extinguished.
- 2000, Michael Phillips, A Rift in Time, page 20:
- It took several accidental extinguishings and considerable tinkering with the external oxygen flow between Adam below and Jordan at the controls before he managed to get much ice melted.
- 2006, Richard Bibbee, The Diffential Equation: Generation of the Bi-cameral Mind, page 92:
- The stars are formed of burning cloud; these are extinguished each day, but they are kindled again at night, like coals; for their risings and settings are really kindlings and extinguishings.