Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (transitive) To go into something by falling.
- The cat might fall into the pool if you're not careful.
- To enter a condition or state, especially a negative one.
- After it closed, the old mall fell into disrepair.
- Since her husband died, the patient has fallen into a deep depression.
- (idiomatic, transitive) To enter something (especially a profession) without having planned it.
- Most of us didn't plan to be designers; we just fell into the job.
- (idiomatic, transitive) To be classified as; to fall under.
- Trees fall into two main categories: deciduous and evergreen.